Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Yum-EEE Lobster Salad

OK, finally posting the recipe we used for that delicious tub of fresh Maine lobster I picked up at the farmer's market.  This is a version of Mario Batali's recipe that also calls for fresh basil and mint which I did not have on hand, but can only imagine the layers of deliciousness they would add.  So, if you do try this, definitely pick up some basil and mint!!  I know I will next time - and there will be a next time.

The schtuff:

Steamed and cooled meat from 2-3 lobsters
1 medium red onion, sliced paper thin
1 pound almost overripe tomatoes, chopped into 1/4-inch dice
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
15 basil leaves (I had to use dried)
10 mint leaves (sadly, I didn't have these)
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Juice and zest of 1 lemon

Mix all ingredients together.  Serve.  Easy peasy!!
I served this along side the Brie Stuffed Latkes and a little garlic bread (yeah, we love our starches).  Obviously this would be so much prettier (and tastier) had I picked up the fresh basil and mint.
Happy Eating!!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds easy enough... my Dad is a lobster fisherman, gotta remember this recipe in April when they are fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks awesome! Lucky you! I just started to like lobster. Isn't it hard to have fresh mint, basil, cilantro, or parsley on hand? Unless you have a plant. I did get a mint plant that actually stayed alive! Basil goes too seed so quickly. Anyway sometimes you just have to imagine what it would be like...:D

    I do buy a lemon and a head of garlic everytime I grocery shop so I will always have those on hand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You said it all! Yum-EEE!!! Guess I'm too late for dinner, so sad.

    ReplyDelete