Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 - Week 3

Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30
Sorry I'm a little late with the week 3 review.  Had a sore foot for a few days and needed to rest it.  But, week three is complete.  I'll be honest here and say Week 3 felt like a bit of a break.  Sure the moves were difficult and I did sweat, but they just didn't come together to result in a good enough workout for me.  Well, except for my triceps.  This is triceps week for sure!  So that I did like because those little guys are hard to work sometimes.  Shoulders and hips also come into play this week.

What I missed this week was all the core work.  I felt like Weeks 1 and 2 had a huge core focus (moreso in week 1) even during moves that weren't specifically defined "core" exercises.  Hopefully we'll see more core work in Week 4.

All in all though, still happy with the DVD.  There are some great workouts in here that I see myself using from time to time as a fill in or for a day where time is an issue.  I can't adequately comment on results as I have been pretty inconsistent (ok, very inconsistent) and my diet is still garbage.  But I do feel stronger and my core is getting tighter again which makes me happy.  With week three down the tubes, I can still wholeheartedly recommend Ripped in 30!  JM has a very good sense of what body parts cause the most trouble for women and how to work them well.

4 comments:

  1. kudos to you! at least you're trying ... my diet is no bueno, and i haven't exercised in a while .... a long while! ... I need to really get crackin' before I am immune to working out :-/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I haven't gotten to Week 2 yet. So I am excited to get there.

    I like Week 1, too. I feel like this is a balanced workout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting review... maybe an idea to keep on hand just in case I have a spare moment :P Who am I kidding... really????

    Make it a great day!

    ReplyDelete