Friday, July 9, 2010

Mushroom & Shallot Pizza

Yup, we LOVE our pizzas around here.  So quick and easy.  You can turn almost anything into a pizza topping in my opinion!  This is one of my husband's favorites.

whole wheat pizza dough
low fat mozzarella, shredded
1 large tomato, sliced
1 pkg sliced mushrooms
1 large shallot, minced
1/2 yellow onion, minced
3 cloves garlic, minced
sea salt
ground pepper
red pepper flakes
basil leaves, optional

Heat oven to 400.  Not sure why I didn't use my pizza stone here, but oh well.  I coated the bottom of the baking sheet with a little bit of olive oil.  Spread dough to outer edges of pan.  Top dough with sliced tomato and mozz.



Meanwhile, heat a bit of olive oil in a large skillet.  Add shallot, onion & garlic and cook until translucent.  Add mushrooms.  Saute to desired doneness.


Spread mushroom mixture over pizza and top with salt, pepper & pepper flakes to taste.  Add some basil leaves if desired.  Cook until cheese is melted and bottom of crust starts to brown.  Serve with a nice green salad (or not)!

Yay Pizza!!  I'm always open to new topping suggestions.

3 comments:

  1. UM YUMM! my pizzas never look like that...i think there is a secret to the dough...what is it though?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks C&C - love pizza!

    Sue - Thank you. I get my whole wheat dough in the refridge section of ShopRite or Trader Joe's. I guess I could make my own, but it's only 99 cents at SR and like $1.99 at TJs. :)

    ReplyDelete