Monday, March 28, 2011

Pulled Pork Pizza

Last week I made a crock pot pulled pork with my husband's homemade BBQ sauce.  Of course, we dove in and I totally forgot to take pictures and then totally forgot to ask him what went into his fab BBQ sauce.  So, no blog post to document the awesome dinner (although I will say, BBQ pulled pork on fresh, soft egg challah rolls may not be kosher, but holy awesomeness for the mouth).  We did however have a TON of leftovers.  Then along came Jenn with her Pulled Pork BBQ Pizza.  Thank you Jenn!  This pizza is inspired by Jenn and the BBQ Chicken Pizza at California Pizza Kitchen.  It was delicious.

Link to my husband's BBQ sauce recipe from Eating Well here.

1 whole wheat pizza dough
1/2 cup BBQ sauce
1 cup shredded pulled pork
1/2 red pepper, diced
1/2 red onion, chopped
5 oz monterey jack, shredded

Heat oven to 500.  Prepare pizza stone or pan with cornmeal or olive oil.  Spread dough.  Cover with BBQ sauce, pulled pork, pepper, onion and cheese.  Cook to desired doneness.  That's it.  Easy!
Thankfully, the kids really loved this one.  My son didn't even pick off the pepper.  Progress!  Thanks again for the idea Jenn.

4 comments:

  1. now I must make a pork shoulder - this looks so good! I drooled when I saw Jenn's and now yours, well its too much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I could help..and that you enjoyed it! I have to admit, it's one of my favorite pizzas so far that I have made :) Yours looks fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just love all the leftover pulled pork? I know I do. The pizza looks amazing, and it's always good when everyone loves it.

    ReplyDelete