Thursday, June 10, 2010

Intro Post (finally)!

So I'm pretty sure that I'm going to actually start posting on my blog (it's been about a year in the works).  The things I'd love to post about run through a range of topics from fitness to budget travel to family time to makeup - expect a bit of everything.  A little about what I'll be posting:

I'm currently on a fitness/health kick.  I saw a photo of myself from last summer that just shocked me. I could not believe how far I had let myself go (no, I'm not 400 pounds, but I used to be a runner and in great physical shape) physically, diet-wise & emotionally.  I also starting studying about fitness and nutrition and really didn't like what the food I had in my cabinets and fridge was doing to our bodies.  So....off to Whole Foods I went after purging much "stuff" from my pantry, I started googling new healthy recipes, reading books about clean eating, and started a pretty intense fitness routine, amongst other things.  All done with the mindset that I'm going to get my life on track, get my body and mind in the best shape ever, and keep my family happy (more on the loves of my life later).

I'm hoping to post some great healthy recipes (with pics) in addition to reviews of various fitness trends, videos, etc.  Currently I am using the Beachbody workouts and will post my before/after pics and reviews of the same in real-time as I use them.  First will be P90X, of which I am in week 4 out of 13.  This goes hand in hand with keeping my family happy and together.  I'm hoping to share some of my views and suggestions here and would really LOVE to hear from others about this too.  This is my first and most important priority!

Photography, saving money and makeup are my other passions, but I'm not terribly good at any of them (working on it though).  So expect some posts relating to those things as well.  Hopefully budget-friendly, cruetly free beauty products that is!

Anyway, I hope someone finds this of interest.  I'd love to hear from anybody who has an opinion (even if contrary to mine), suggestion or comment!  Thanks so much for reading!!

2 comments:

  1. woohoo! you are off and running! you write very eloquently, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha - thanks, do we know where I'm off and running to? :)

    ReplyDelete