Sunday, June 13, 2010

P90X

Just thought I'd give a quick overview on the P90X workout system.  I am just about 30 days into the "program", having started Phase II today (and my arms are feelin' it!).  This is a 3 phase system with coordinating diet plan.  I opted not to follow the diet plan, but instead have changed my entire family's habits, and for the most part, we are eating clean and trying to make sure we get enough protein in daily (this is where I have some trouble as we require a lot more than most people take in).  I feel this works better for me as I'm not good with "rules" and restrictions.  Plus I am hoping that these changes will stay in place even after P90X is long gone from my fitness routine.  I guess only time will tell, but I'm sure people who follow the P90X diet plan to the letter will probably have quicker and greater results than I will.

Anyway, this is an INTENSE program.  Every day of the week you do something different for three weeks (resistance training, yoga and cardio), and then on the fourth week you "recover".  But recovery week is not a walk in the park.  It is also a "core focus" week consisting of yoga, stretching, some cardio and two days of kick ass core work.  You want to know just how weak your core muscles are?  Then try out the Core Synergistics DVD (I've seen this for about $5 on ebay)!  Two words - Banana Roll - OUCH!

I won't review the program now as I'm only 1/3 of the way done.  But so far I have felt some results.  Not sure I see them just yet, but I do feel them.  On Tuesday I will post my Day 1 and Day 30 comparison photos even if I don't see any difference.

Would love to hear from anybody who has gone through P90X, is thinking of it, or has any other fitness routines to suggest.

No comments:

Post a Comment